Welcome to the Primrose Hill Primary School Website – March 2020
A warm welcome to the Primrose Hill Primary School website!
This features lots of really useful information for our existing children and families, as well as those of you who wish to learn more about the school. We aim to showcase the children’s varied learning opportunities and hope you get a flavour for the rich and creative curriculum we offer to the children as well as key documents, an (updated) who’s who and some signposts to further information.
The Current Situation
The Corona Virus has been a challenge for everyone but we are making the best of it and ensuring that teaching and learning continues. We have made sure:
- Packs of starter work went home with children before the closure
- Using Google Classroom to provide daily teaching and learning activities including music and PE
- Using Twitter and the website to provide further communication / videos
- Established a staff liaison contact tree to communicate weekly with our children and families
- Set up an in-school provision for key workers and vulnerable children
- and much more…..
Looking back we had a very successful 18-19 year which saw:
- The opening of our Ladybirds Reception Super Classroom
- Y1 relocating to the ground floor able to access an outside classroom for their learning
- A consultation introducing halal meat into the school and the subsequent implementation of a dual service option where both halal and non-halal food is used.
- Our Challenge Partner Review in the Spring Term which went very well indeed and validated our self evaluation judgement of ‘outstanding’.
- A series of very well attended workshops and sessions taking place, as well as the installation of our parent screen outside in the playground.
- Our attendance % increasing again – a lot of hard work goes into this!
- Excellent pupil outcomes in EYFS, Phonics, KS1 and KS2 SATS! It was a busy but successful year.
- Our Camden Learning Standards letter published
- Opened our Autistic Resourced Provision (The Grove) with a new staff team – Emma, Alessia & Dita who are leading the team. This houses a new Therapy Room, Calm Space, Sensory Room, Softplay and Cabin!
- Developed our lower playground, Reception outside classroom and the garden – this is part of our wider garden / outdoors strategy and School Improvement Plan.
- The nursery has also been decorated and looks fresh.
- Our top playground will be completed in the summer term and we will all be able to enjoy a fun and active and fresh summer playground experience.
Please check out the latest School Improvement Plan Newsletter, the publication of our new School Improvement plan and weekly newsletters for further updates.
Here’s to a fun-packed, learning-filled, remotely conducted half term!