Applications to Nursery – 2 Year Olds – Tadpoles
Primrose Hill have committed to providing funded and some paid places part-time places for up to 24 children. This will either be mornings only, afternoons only or a Monday to Wednesday extended day place.
There are certain eligibility criteria for admissions:
Your two year old can get free early education and childcare if you receive ONE of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-Week Run On (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- They are looked after by a local council
- They have a current statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- You receive Disability Living Allowance
- The child has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.
Places will be offered with the following school criteria applied:
- Children of an appropriate age to fill the vacancy to ensure the balance of places across the age range (terms of birth)
- Children with a sibling registered at the school
- Children living nearest to the school
You can tell Ilirjana that you are interested in a place at the school if you believe your child qualifies for a place. You will also need to make a formal application to Camden Council in order to confirm you meet the criteria. In the meantime, we will add you to our waiting list. The weblink for applications is: https://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/education/pre-school/help-with-childcare-costs/
Applications to Nursery – 3 & 4 Year Olds – Froglets
Our nursery has a single intake each September. We would like all our nursery children to be full time – 30 hours.
There are different criteria for Children to receive their allocation. Children become eligible for 15 hours free full time provision from the start of the school term following their third birthday. This means that children may apply for a place in our nursery for the September intake following their third birthday:
The different criteria are as follows::
Option 1: Eligible for 15 hours + 15 hours Government Funding –
• both parents, or the sole parent in a one parent family, must be working
• each parent must have a weekly minimum income equivalent to 16 hours at the national minimum wage or living wage. This is equivalent to £120 per week, £K per year or £112.80 per week or £5,800 per year for parents between 21 – 24 years old.
•neither parent must have income of more than £100,000 per year.
Option 2: Eligible for 15 hours + an Additional 15 Hours funded by Camden –
- Children who have been eligible for a two year old place whether you took it up or not
- Looked after children
- Children with a statement of special educational needs or an Educational Health Care Plan (ECHP)
- Families in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
- Children for whom there is a special guardianship arrangement
Option 3: Eligible for 15 hours only plus ‘Top Up’ Funding
This is where families are only eligible for the free 15 hours but are willing to pay a ‘top up fee’ of £97.50 per week for an additional 15 hours.
Option 3: Eligible for 15 hours only
This is where families are only eligible for the free fifteen hours only.
For Option 1, you will need to provide proof of your eligibility. To facilitate this, HM Revenue & Customs have launched a new eligibility checker website: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Parents need to check their eligibility on the portal ’30 hours free childcare’. Eligible parents will be given an 11 digit code which they need to provide to school along with their National insurance Number and the child’s date of birth.
For Option 2, parents must show their proof of eligibility for their child’s two year old place whether the child took up provision or not at https://goo.gl/KcPLjD ; or provide proof of the other criteria listed above.
Application forms may be obtained from the school, and need to be returned to us by the preceding February. Parents will be informed if their application has been successful in April.
It is important to note that a place in our Nursery does not necessarily guarantee a place in Reception.
Applications to Reception
Places in our reception classes are allocated by Camden Primary Admissions. Parents should read the ‘Starting School’ booklet carefully and then return the application form to Camden by the date indicated on the website (application forms and booklets are available online). Parents are notified of the outcome of applications in April.
All 60 children will be in Ladybird Class alongside two class teachers and two nursery officers. This is done purposefully to allow the children in the setting to form relationships across the year group, work alongside several adults before we allocate them into classes of 30 when they go into Y1.
There is one intake into Reception in September. We plan a series of welcome events once the Reception Classes have been decided. These events are opportunities for you to meet Richard (EYFS Leader) and the Reception Team. Robin and the SLT will also be on hand to welcome you to Primrose Hill.
Applications at other times
Applications for a place in years 1 to 6, or applications to Reception during the academic year, are made directly to Camden Primary Admissions through the Camden website. You will be asked to complete a form and will be informed if our school has a place. You will then be invited to the school to discuss your application. If you wish to transfer your child from another local primary school, out of courtesy you are asked to inform the other school of your intention.