At Primrose Hill Primary School, we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously, prioritising the safety, health and wellbeing of all our children and staff. Volunteers and visitors are given clear safeguarding information and the wider school community is given safeguarding information relevant to them.
We do all we can to keep our children as safe and secure as possible and this is done in a variety of ways.
- We keep a current Single Central Record (SCR) that is regularly updated, to ensure all staff have undergone the necessary recruitment and criminal checks. These checks also apply to all volunteers and students who work in our school, while the governing board also undergo all appropriate checks.
- All visitors to the school are required to sign in and show a valid form of photo ID at the main reception area. No visitor will be allowed to work alone with children without a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
- All staff wear a school photographic lanyard, while all visitors wear a school visitor lanyard
- All staff, children, parents and governors have signed an Online Safety Acceptable Use Agreement.
- We have a secure entry system and gates are only opened 8.45-9.00 and 3.25-3.40 when a member of SLT or senior staff is at the main gate or in the playground.
- All staff and governors receive safeguarding training every 2 years. All have received Prevent training.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a pupil at Primrose Hill School, please call 020 7722 8500 and ask to speak to one of the Safeguarding Team.
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Harsha Patel
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Amanda Aplicano